Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CNY 2008

This is a bit late, but at least it's still before Chap Goh Meh. I don't have the energy nor time to ramble like last year's CNY. So I shall let the pictures do the talking.

OK, maybe some short notes will suffice...

1. Traffic back to Ipoh was good on Wednesday. It was like normal, 110 km/h all the way.

2. No captainball this year. Instead we had rounders. My team lost, despite me hitting two *ahem* home runs.

3. Didn't climb Keledang Hill this time. No time. No motivation.

4. We went white water rafting at Sg. Kampar. The water level was low due to the dry season, thus the rapids were not as wild and challenging. But we still had some excitement, like,
my uncle nearly fell out of the raft. It was fun hearing all the screams and squeals from people like my mom as we went tumbling over the rapids. :)

5. The lunches and dinners prepared by the cousins seems to be working well. The aunties are much more relaxed, having passed on the stress to the younger generation, although supervision is still necessary. :P

6. Some of us went bowling at Ipoh Parade, again. Yay. I got my highest ever score in living memory... 137. I could have scored higher if not for the dismal score of only 3 in the final frame.

7. The mini sermon during the family thanksgiving service was on "What is new for you this year?" based on Isaiah 43. My uncle noted that this year is the first year after the Jubilee of 2007. So it is a time of new beginnings, both symbolically and literally.

This is what the LORD says...

"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."


Victory dance

Pristine Sungai Kampar

Ipoh slugger

Sunset swing

One for the album

More pictures here and here.

1 comment:

JC said...

I can still wish you Happy Chinese New Year!

The family get together seems to be great.. and such 'healthy' activities you have there. I didn't managed to go back to Ipoh this time but ... all I did was eat :p

Especially love the photos of the sky...