5 reasons why I like KK (in random order):
1. Everywhere in KK is reasonably near to everywhere else.
2. It's got some pretty happening churches.
3. It's got good dive sites within 15 minutes of the city centre. If you have a long lunch break, you can go out, do a dive, and be back in office by 2PM. You can wake up on Saturday morning, do 3 dives, see some turtles and be back home by 7PM.
4. The sunsets are consistently gorgeous. The sky is actually blue.
5. The mountains are less than 2 hours away. And I mean, real mountains. Not hills. Need some exercise? Just climb Mt Kinabalu.
6. The different ethnic groups are better integrated compared to Peninsular Malaysia.
7. The seafood is pretty good. Well, I'm not sure if it's harvested from sustainable sources, or bombed out of the sea.
8. The diesel is cheaper. Well, not really cheaper. Just subsidized more. Thanks to Petronas!
Of course, the grass is always greener on the other side... :)